How to increase uTorrent download speed is a very common question and we will try to give you a proper answer. uTorrent is the most used software for downloading torrent files. Since 2015, uTorrent has improved a lot. Many complain that uTorrent doesn’t give them full download speed which is partially true. But to know why and how to improve the torrent download speed you need to have a basic understanding of how torrents work. In this article, we will show you how to increase the download speed of uTorrent using different methods.
Increase uTorrent download speed by tweaking uTorrent Setting
- Add an Exception to Windows Firewall
Windows Firewall can block your torrent client or you can say your incoming BitTorrent connections. So, adding an exception to the Windows firewall will be a good option to boost torrent downloading speed. First, navigate to Options> Preferences> Connections, now check the Add Windows Firewall exception box, and then click Apply.
(Check Enable UPnP port mapping in case it’s unchecked).
From the “Bandwidth” Tab select the below options:
- From Global upload rate limiting set Maximum Upload Rate: 100 kB/s
- From Global download rate limiting set Maximum Download Rate: 0 (0 means unlimited)
- From Number of connections set Global Maximum number of connections: 2330
- Maximum number of connected peers per torrent: 250
- Number of upload slots per torrent: 14
- Press Apply and finally press OK.
You can adjust two more parameters in the Advanced tab and increase the uTorrent download speed.
- Click on Options–> Preferences –> Advanced.
- Click on “bt.connect_speed” and set value “80”, press “Set”. Don’t close the tab yet. We have to change one more value.
Increase uTorrent download speed by adjusting queueing options
From Options –> Preferences Select Queueing. All you have to do is set the value Maximum number of active torrents (upload or download) to 1
Increase uTorrent download speed by allocating more bandwidth ( Utorrent bandwidth settings )
If you are downloading multiple torrent files at once then you can give the highest bandwidth priority to the torrent file that you want to download faster. To allocate more bandwidth you have to right-click on the torrent file, then select Bandwidth allocation >> Set HIGH to give it more priority than others.
Add all torrent trackers to get even more speed
All torrent trackers list: Utorrent trackers for speed 2021
Paste all of them